Courtney Gleason, M.D.
Assistant Professor Orthopaedics
Emory University School of Medicine
Additional Contact Information
Emory Orthopaedics, Sports & Spine
59 Executive Park South
Atlanta, GA 30329
- Medical School, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC
- Residency, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Fellowship, Harvard Medical School, Boston Children's Hospital Division of Sports Medicine, Boston, MA
BiographyDr. Gleason is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame, the University of South Carolina School of Medicine, the Emory University Pediatrics Residency program, and the Harvard University, Boston Children’s Hospital Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship. She also completed three-years of an Orthopedics Residency program at the University of Florida. Following her fellowship, Courtney was a Clinical Assistant Professor of Sports Medicine and Pediatrics at Brown University and served as a team physician.
Dr. Gleason treats athletes of all ages and has experience working with athletes at every level of expertise including youth, high school, collegiate, recreational, and professional athletes. She treats athletes with musculoskeletal injuries who play a multitude of sports including football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, tennis, cheerleading, swimming, rowing, baseball, softball, skiing, running, gymnastics, dance, and wrestling. Dr. Gleason also has extensive experience with sports concussion management. She has experience with race medicine including working in the finish line tents at the Boston Marathon and half marathon.
Dr. Gleason has an interest in dance medicine and has worked with athletes from two professional ballet companies, the Boston Ballet and Festival Ballet. Her research interests include injury prevention and cardiac screening in athletes.
She is a team physician for Emory University Athletics and a member of the American Medical Society of Sports Medicine, the American College of Sports Medicine, and Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society.
- Gleason CN, Kerkhof DL, Cilia EA, Lanyi MA, Finnoff JT, Sugimoto D, Corrado GD. Early screening for
- cardiovascular abnormalities with pre-participation echocardiography: feasibility study. Clinical Journal of Sports
- Medicine. Accepted 2016.
- Kerkhof DL, Gleason CN, Basilico FC, Corrado GD. Is there a role for limited echocardiography during the
- preparticipation physical examination? PM&R Journal 2016, 8(3 Suppl):S36-S44.
- Zhang J, Burrows S. Gleason C, Matthews MA, Drews MJ, Laberge M, An YH. Sterilizing Bacillus pumilus
- spores using supercritical carbon dioxide. J Microbiol Methods. 2006, 66(3):479-485.
- Zhang J, Dalal N, Gleason C, Matthews MA, Waller LN, Fox KF, Fox A, Drews MJ, LaBerge M, An YH. On the
- mechanisms of deactivation of Bacillus atrophaeus spores using supercritical carbon dioxide. J. Supercritical
- Fluids 2006, 38:268-273.