Oren Goltzer, MD
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Emory University School of Medicine
Office: Emory Johns Creek Hospital
Additional Contact Information
6335 Hospital Pkwy
Johns Creek, GA 30097
- Medical School, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix, AZ
- Fellowship, Orthopaedic Surgery Adult Reconstruction, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Goltzer is a California native and received his undergraduate degree in Integrative Biology from the University of California, Berkeley. He then graduated with Research Distinction from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. During medical school, Dr. Goltzer spent a year studying knee biomechanics through a highly competitive funded research fellowship at the National Institutes of Health, in Bethesda, Maryland.
Following medical school, Dr. Goltzer completed a five year residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Arizona, in Phoenix. He continued orthopaedic subspecialty training with a yearlong fellowship in hip and knee replacements (Adult Reconstruction) at Emory University, where he was recruited to remain on as faculty.
Dr. Goltzer sees patients at the Emory Orthopaedics, Sports & Spine Center at Emory Johns Creek Hospital. He also spends a portion of his time at the Veterans Hospital of Atlanta. Dr. Goltzer’s clinical specialties and areas of interest include: direct anterior hip replacement, partial knee replacements, outpatient total hip and knee replacements, complex primary and revision hip and knee replacements, patient specific knee replacements, computer navigated as well as minimally invasive hip and knee replacements.
Dr. Goltzer is married to Dr. Jennifer Gustafson, an obstetrician/gynecologist with a faculty appointment at Emory Saint Joseph’s. During their free time, they enjoy the outdoors playing sports, hiking, barbecuing and spending time with their daughters.
Honors & Awards
- Benton-Stockman Medical Student Scholarship
- University of Miami Medical Faculty Association Scholarship
- Delta Chi Leadership Scholarship, Delta Chi Chapter Luminary
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction
- Georgia Medical Association