Oren Goltzer, MD
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Emory University School of Medicine
Office: Emory Johns Creek Hospital
Additional Contact Information
6335 Hospital Pkwy
Johns Creek, GA 30097
- Medical School, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix, AZ
- Fellowship, Orthopaedic Surgery Adult Reconstruction, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Dr.Goltzer is a California native and received his undergraduate degree in Integrative Biology from the University of California, Berkeley. He then completed medical school at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, graduating with Research Distinction. Between 3rd and 4th year of medical school, Dr. Goltzer was awarded with a highly competitive funded research fellowship at the National Institutes of Health, in Bethesda, Maryland, where he studied knee biomechanics.
Following medical school, Dr. Goltzer completed residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Arizona, in Phoenix. He continued orthopaedic subspecialty training with a fellowship in hip and knee replacements (Adult Reconstruction) at Emory University, under the mentorship of James Roberson, MD, Greg Erens, MD, Thomas Bradbury, MD, and George Guild III, MD.
Dr. Goltzer is seeing patients at the Emory Orthopaedics, Sports & Spine Center at Emory Johns Creek Hospital. He will also spend a portion of his time at the Veterans Hospital of Atlanta. Dr. Goltzer’s clinical specialties and areas of interest include: direct anterior hip replacement, partial knee replacements, outpatient total hip and knee replacements, complex primary and revision hip and knee replacements, patient specific knee replacements, computer navigated as well as minimally invasive hip and knee replacements.
Dr. Goltzer is married to Dr. Jennifer Gustafson, an obstetrician/gynecologist with a faculty appointment at Emory Saint Joseph’s. During their free time, they enjoy the outdoors playing sports, hiking, barbecuing and spending time with their daughter.
Honors & Awards
- Benton-Stockman Medical Student Scholarship
- University of Miami Medical Faculty Association Scholarship
- Delta Chi Leadership Scholarship, Delta Chi Chapter Luminary
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction
- Georgia Medical Association