Jeremy Whitley, MD
Emory University School of Medicine
Office: Emory Orthopaedics, Sports & Spine- Smyrna
Additional Contact Information
3903 S. Cobb Drive SE
Smyrna, GA 30080
- Medical, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Fellowship, Primary Care Sports Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Jeremy Whitley, MD is an assistant professor in the departments of Orthopedics and Emergency Medicine at Emory University. He specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, and sees active patients of all ages and abilities. A Georgia native, Dr. Whitley has called the Atlanta area home since the start of his medical education. After graduating from Emory University School of Medicine, he completed his residency in emergency medicine through Emory University and Grady Memorial Hospital—home to one of the busiest emergency departments in the country, and the premier Level 1 trauma facility in the Southeastern United States. He concluded his training with a sports medicine fellowship here at the Emory Sports Medicine Center.
Dr. Whitley currently serves as a team physician for Georgia Tech Football and has provided medical coverage for Clark Atlanta University, several local area high schools, and multiple mass participation events.
He is well versed in the management of acute illness and injury in patients of all backgrounds, and routinely applies these skills and concepts to the athletes entrusted to his care. He is an active member of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine and American College of Emergency Physicians, having attended multiple national conferences and contributed to the sports medicine literature.
Honors & Awards
- Resident of the Year, 2017
- Residency Teacher ofthe Year, 2017
- Erich G. Randolph, M.D. Scholarship Recipient
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
- Emergence MEdicine Residents Association (EMRA)
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM)