Cleo D. Stafford II, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics
Emory University of School Of Medicine
Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Emory University School of Medicine
Office: Grady Memorial Hospital
Additional Contact Information
Emory Sports Medicine
80 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive SE
Atlanta, GA 30303
- Medical School, Howard University College of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
- Residency, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Fellowship, American Sports Medicine Institute, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Stafford is board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation with a subspecialty certification in Sports Medicine. As a former baseball player, his passion for sports is longstanding and has continued throughout his medical training.
Dr. Stafford graduated from Howard University College of Medicine and went on to complete his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Emory University, where he also served as chief resident. He then completed his Sports Medicine fellowship at the American Sports Medicine Institute/Andrews Sports Medicine Center in Birmingham, Al. During his fellowship, he was an assistant team physician for Troy University athletics, Birmingham Barons and Oak Grove High School. Dr. Stafford also provided medical coverage for the SEC Baseball tournament, AAC Track Championships, NCAA Wrestling Championships and the Mercedes Marathon.
Dr. Stafford utilizes a comprehensive and patient specific approach in the management of sports related injuries and orthopaedic disorders that best restores function. He specializes in sport related concussions, acute/chronic soft tissue and joint disorders, Orthobiologics, minimally invasive procedures and diagnostic/interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound.
When not practicing medicine, Dr. Stafford enjoys playing softball, attending live music events and spending time with his family.
- Charles Epps, Jr. Prize in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2012
- University of California, Davis Visiting Elective Program Scholarship, 2011
- Hubert Humphrey Scholarship Fund Recipient, 2011
- Dr. Josephus C. and Nellie C. Carr General Scholarship Recipient, 2011
- Howard University College of Medicine General Scholarship Recipient, 2010
- Gwendolyn E. Mingo Cancer Research Fellowship, 2009
Organizational Leadership Memberships
- Emory University, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Rehabilitation in Review
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medicial Education