Kyle Hammond, M.D.
Assistant Professor Orthopaedic Surgery
Emory University School of Medicine
Additional Contact Information
Emory Orthopaedics, Sports & Spine
6335 Hospital Pkwy
Johns Creek, GA 30097
- Medical School, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
- Residency, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Kyle Hammond is the head orthopaedic surgeon for the Atlanta Hawks. He also serves as an associate team physician for the Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Braves, Georgia Tech, Emory University, and several metro Atlanta High Schools.
Dr. Hammond has numerous research publications, book chapters, and presentations in the field of sports medicine. His research on the Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) won the 1st place award at the Annual Southern Orthopaedic Association and Georgia Orthopaedic Association meetings. From this research, he was able to help develop an ACL surgical technique that is safe to perform in the youth athlete with “open” growth plates. Dr. Hammond has also been awarded the highest recognition from Emory for patient satisfaction scores in each of his years in practice.
Dr. Hammond grew up in Johns Creek, GA and graduated from Chattahoochee High School. He completed his orthopaedic surgery training at Emory University, where he was awarded the “Outstanding Resident” award. He then went onto the prestigious University of Pittsburgh Sports Medicine Center, where he served as a team physician for the Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh Penguins, The University of Pittsburgh athletics, Duquesne University athletics, and the Pittsburgh ballet. Dr. Hammond also completed additional training at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, in the field of hip arthroscopy and hamstring surgery with the renowned, Dr. Bryan Kelly.
Dr. Hammond has a passion for treating adult and youth sports injuries, including:
- ACL and other ligament or meniscus injuries to the knee
- Patellar instability
- Overhead/throwing athlete injuries to the shoulder or elbow
- Shoulder arthroscopy for rotator cuff or labrum tears
- Cartilage repair and transplant surgery
- Hip Arthroscopy
Dr. Hammond practices at the Brookhaven, Johns Creek and Dunwoody locations of Emory Orthopaedics & Spine Center.
When he’s not busy with work, Dr. Hammond enjoys spending time with his wife and their twin boys, working-out and of course, sports.
- Research Award Winner, Kelly Society
- Resident of the Year Award Winner, Southern Orthopaedic Association, Georgia Orthopaedic Society
Organizational Leadership Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Society of Arthroscopy Knee Surgery
- View publications on PubMed