Bryan Whitfield, MD
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics
Emory University School of Medicine
Additional Contact Information
1567 Milstead Rd, NE
Conyers, Ga 30012
- Medical School, The George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C
- Residency, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Fellowship, Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas, Greenville, SC
Dr. Whitfield has extensive training and experience in treating all individuals who want to maximize their potential to be active, from high performing athletes to individuals who simply want their joints to keep up with their lifestyle. He believes in a patient-centered approach, tailoring his treatments both operatively and non-operatively to the individual patient’s needs. While in residency he received a Georgetown Caring Star Award, a patient-initiated award for exceptional care. He strives to provide thoughtful care with compassion and respect to every single patient.
Dr. Whitfield is originally from Greensboro, NC. In 2014, Dr. Whitfield moved to the Georgia area with his wife, a Georgia native, and two children. He enjoys physical fitness, learning, service, and above all, spending quality time with his friends and family.
He earned his BS from Duke University in mathematics and economics before obtaining his medical degree from the George Washington School of Medicine and Health Sciences. He became proficient at treating all aspects of orthopaedic problems during his 5 years of residency training at Georgetown University. Following residency, Dr. Whitfield spent one year as a “Hawk Fellow” at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Greenville, SC, where he received specialized training in the latest and most successful, evidence-based treatments for athletic injuries on the field, in the office, and in the operating room.
- Georgetown Caring Star, Georgetown University Hospital
Organizational Leadership Memberships
- Member, Georgia Orthopaedic Society
- Associate Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Associate Member, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Candidate Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Washington Orthopaedic Society