Charles Daly, MD
Emory University School of Medicine
Office: Emory Orthopaedics, Sports & Spine-Smyrna
Additional Contact Information
3909 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga 30080
- Medical School, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Residency, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Ga
- Fellowship, Curtis National Hand Center at Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Daly grew up in Charleston, South Carolina as the oldest of three. He received an academic scholarship to attend the Calhoun Honors College at Clemson University, majoring in Genetics where he graduated magna cum laude. After graduating, he again received an academic scholarship to complete medical school at the Medical University of South Carolina where he graduated magna cum laude and as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. Upon completion of medical school, Dr. Daly completed his Orthopaedic Surgery Internship and Residency at Emory University. While in his training, Dr. Daly received multiple accolades and awards for his outstanding research and was elected as a resident leader to the esteemed American Orthopaedic Association.
After the completion of his orthopaedic surgical training, Dr. Daly went on to subspecialize in hand, shoulder, and elbow surgery at the prestigious Curtis National Hand Center. During his fellowship, he again received multiple awards for research while mastering clinical elective and emergent hand, shoulder, and elbow surgery including advanced reconstructive and minimally invasive techniques.
Dr. Daly has numerous research publications, book chapters, and presentations in the field of hand, shoulder, and elbow surgery. Some of Dr. Daly’s research highlights include describing the biomechanical effects of techniques for closure following total shoulder arthroplasty and outcomes after reconstruction for complex nerve injuries. Dr. Daly has also written book chapters detailing techniques for thumb carpometacarpal arthritis and medial elbow injuries in throwing athletes.
Dr. Daly is seeing patients at the Emory Orthopaedics, Sports & Spine at Smyrna location. He will also spend a portion of his time at the Veterans Hospital of Atlanta and Grady Memorial Hospital. His clinical interests include pathologies ranging from the fingertip to the shoulder, with special interest in arthroscopic surgery, innovative techniques in Dupuytren’s contracture, microsurgery, complex nerve reconstruction, and minimally invasive carpal tunnel release.
Dr. Daly and his wife Kelsey are delighted to be back in Atlanta. When not at work he enjoys spending time with his family and dog, Cooper the Golden Retriever. His other hobbies include travel, golf, running, watersports, and skiing.
Honors & Awards
- Research Award, Second Place Research Paper, Kelly Society Annual Meeting, Emory University 2017
- Annual Meeting Scholarship Award, American Society for Surgery of the Hand, 2016
- Thomas E. Whitesides Award Winner, Resident Award- First Place, Georgia Orthopaedics Society, 2015
- Rich Scholarship, Medical University of South Carolina, 2008-2009
- Golden Key International Honor Society, elected 2017
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical University of South Carolina, elected 2012
- Phi Beta Kappa, Clemson University, 2007
- Adrian E. Flatt Resident and Felllows Conference Committee Member, 2017-2020