Anna Cruz, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics
Emory University School of Medicine
Additional Contact Information
Emory Orthopaedics & Spine Center
59 Executive Park South
Atlanta, GA 30329
- Medical School, State Uversity of New York (SUNY) Downstate Medical Center , Brooklyn, NY
- Residency , Emory University Hospital , Atlanta, GA
After growing up in New York City, Dr. Anna Cruz attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she received a Bachelor of Science with Distinction in Biology and Exercise and Sport Science while earning Highest Honors in Exercise and Sport Science. She returned to New York City for medical school at the State University of New York (SUNY) Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, where she earned her Doctor of Medicine degree.
Dr. Cruz completed her residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Emory University, where she was heavily involved in research, resident education, and sideline sports coverage. She has published several articles and presented at numerous national conferences regarding her research in various musculoskeletal injuries. Dr. Cruz has also developed progressive and unique educational experiences for residents including an international clinical rotation in Beijing, China and an interactive hands-on Musculoskeletal Ultrasound course.
Dr. Cruz specializes in the non-operative management and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries, with a focus on maximizing the function of her patients. Her priority is comprehensive patient care in order to enhance the quality of life of her patients.
- Cruz, AR, Mautner K. Rectus Abdominis Injury in Elite Volleyball Players. International Journal of Athletic Therapy & Training. 2016;21(4):18-22.
- Cruz A, Bell D, McGrath M, Blackburn T, Padua D, Herman D. The effects of three jump landing tasks on kinetic and kinematic measures: implications for ACL injury research. Research in Sports Medicine. 2013;21(4):330-42.
- Zarember KA, Marshall-Batty KR, Cruz AR, Chu J, Fenster ME, Shoffner AR, Rogge LS, Whitney AR, Czapiga M, Song HH, Shaw PA, Nagashima K, Malech HL, DeLeo FR, Holland SM, Gallin JI, Greenberg DE. Innate immunity against Granulibacter bethesdensis, an emerging gram-negative bacterial pathogen. Infection and Immunity. 2012 Mar;80(3):975-81. Epub 2011 Dec 19.
- Zarember KA, Cruz AR, Huang CY, Gallin JI. Antifungal activities of natural and synthetic iron chelators alone and in combination with azole and polyene antibiotics against Aspergillus fumigatus. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2009 Jun;53(6):2654-6. Epub 2009 Mar 23.
- Chinenov Y, Sacta MA, Cruz AR, Rogatsky I. GRIP1-associated SET-domain methyltransferase in glucocorticoid receptor target gene expression. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2008 Dec 23;105(51):20185-90. Epub 2008 Dec 11.
- Ahluwalia N, Lin AY, Tager AM, Pruitt IE, Anderson TJ, Kristo F, Shen D, Cruz AR, Aikawa M, Luster AD, Gerszten RE. Inhibited Aortic Aneurysm Formation in BLT1-Deficient Mice. The Journal of Immunology. 2007 Jul 1;179(1):691-7.