Bennett Axelrod, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics
Emory University School of Medicine
Additional Contact Information
Emory Orthopaedics & Spine Center
59 Executive Park South
Atlanta, GA 30329
- Medical School, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL
- Internship, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- Residency , Emory University Hospital , Atlanta, GA
After completing his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at Emory in 1988, Dr. Axelrod was in private practice general orthopedics in the Gwinnett County area for 27 years. Dr. Axelrod now continues in a non-surgical role at Emory where he continues to see and treat a wide array of general orthopedic problems.
- Shands, Jr. J.W. and B. J. Axelrod. 1977. Mouse Peritoneal Macrophages: Tritiated Thymidine Labeling and Cell Kinetics. J. Retic. Soc. 21:69-76.
- Axelrod, B.J., and J.W. Shands, Jr. 1977. Commitment, Initiation of DNA Synthesis and the Cell Cycle in Endotoxin Stimulated Spleen Cells. Inf. Immun. 17:344-48.
- Axelrod, B.J., and J.w. Shands, Jr. 1978. The In Vitro Life Span and Fate of Murine B Lymphocytes stimulated by Endotoxin Cell. Immunology. 42: 61-70.
- Shankey, V., Axelrod, B.J., Lujan, R., and P.A. Small. An Immunoassay Teaching Package – Mr. and Mrs. M.I. Sick. Copyright 1981.
- Axelrod, B.J., and C. Cierney, Ipsilateral Fibular Transfer in the Treatment of Tibial Osteomyelitis. Presented to AAOS National Meeting, Las Vegas, 1984.