James Roberson, M.D.
Robert P. Kelly Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Emory University School of Medicine
Additional Contact Information
Emory Orthopaedics & Spine Center
59 Executive Park South
Atlanta, GA 30329
- Medical School, Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, 1977
- Internship, Emory University Affiliated Hospitals, Atlanta, GA, 1978
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery at Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, 1982
- Fellowship, Adult Reconstruction at the May Clinic, Rocester, MN, 1983
Dr. Roberson specializes in adult reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee. His areas of research include alternative biomaterials for hip replacement and prevention of dislocation after hip replacement. Dr. Roberson started practicing at Emory in 1982. He was appointed Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics in May 2002-2018.
Organizational Leadership Memberships / Administrative Appointments
- Past president of the Society of Joint Surgeons
- Atlanta Orthopaedic Society
- Georgia Orthopaedic Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Written Examination Task Force 1990 - Present
- Chair Adult Section – 1995-Present
- Board of Directors, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2011 – present
- Chair Research Committee ABOS
Editorships and Editorial Boards
- Seminars in Arthroplasty (the Journal), 1999
- Guest Editor, Complications of Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- Orthopaedic Clinics of North America 23:2, April, 1992.
Honors and awards
- Emory Orthopaedic Department Faculty Member of the Year 1987
- Emory Orthopaedic Department Faculty Member of the Year 1991
- Emory Orthopaedic Department Faculty Member of the Year 1993
- View publications on PubMed