George Guild, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Additional Contact Information
Emory Orthopaedics & Spine Center
59 Executive Park South
Atlanta, GA 30329
- Medical school, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, 2007
- Residency, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, 2008
- Fellowship, Insall Scott Kelly Institute Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction, New York, NY, 2012
Dr. Guild is a New Orleans native, and received his B.S. from Tulane University in 2003. He completed medical school at L.S.U. Health Sciences Center New Orleans (2007), and was inducted into Alpha Omega Alpha, the National Honor Medical Society. After medical School, Dr. Guild completed internship and orthopaedic surgical residency at Emory University and was recognized for scoring in the 97th and 99th percentile on orthopaedic in-training testing.
He continued subspecialty training, completing a fellowship at the prestigious Insall Scott Kelly Institute for Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction at Lenox Hill Hospital New York, NY. Dr. Guild joined Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic in 2013 where he continued to foster a high volume total joint practice, publishing several peer reviewed articles, and developed a contemporary outpatient total joint replacement center. Dr. Guild is one of the first surgeons in the state of Georgia to routinely perform outpatient total hip and knee replacements.
• VARIABLES ASSOCIATED WITH POST-OPERATIVE INFECTION IN HIV POSITIVE ORTHOPAEDIC TRAUMA PATIENTS. GUILD G, MOORE T, HERMAN C, BARNES W. CLIN ORTHOP RELAT RES 2012; 470: 1507-1512.
• RANGE OF MOTION IN HIGH FLEXION TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY VS. STANDARD POSTERIOR STABILIZED TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY. A PROSPECTIVE, RANDOMIZED STUDY. GUILD G, LABIB S. J IMPLANT SURG RES 2013; 3: 24-30
• THE DIRECT ANTERIOR APPROACH VERSUS THE MINI POSTERIOR APPROACH IN RESTORING LEG LENGTH AND OFFSET IN PRIMARY TOTAL HIP ARTHROPLASTY. GUILD G, SMITH M, BRADBURY T, ERENS G. RESEARCH IN PROGRESS EMORY UNIVERSITY
• Articulating vs. Static antibiotic impregnated spacers in revision total knee arthroplasty for sepsis. A systematic review. Guild GN 3rd, Wu B, Scuderi GR. J Arthroplasty. 2014 Mar;29(3):558-63. doi: 10.1016/j.arth.2013.08.013. Epub 2013 Nov 21. Review.
• Periarticular regional analgesia in total knee arthroplasty: a review of the neuroanatomy and injection technique. Orthop Clin North Am. 2015 Jan;46(1):1-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ocl.2014.09.016. Guild GN 3rd, Galindo RP, Marino J, Cushner FD, Scuderi GR.
• FUNCTIONAL OUTCOMES IN GENDER SPECIFIC AND NON-GENDER SPECIFIC TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY IN THE FEMALE PATIENT. ARAVIND A, GUILD G, SCUDERI G. RESEARCH IN PROGRESS, ISK INSTITUTE OF ORTHOPAEDICS AND SPORTS MEDICINE.
• Clinical outcomes in high flexion total knee arthroplasty were not superior to standard posterior stabilized total knee arthroplasty. A multicenter, prospective, randomized study. Guild GN 3rd, Labib SA. J Arthroplasty. 2014 Mar;29(3):530-4. doi: 10.1016/j.arth.2013.07.035. Epub 2013 Nov 21.
• Anthropometric CT Based Predictors of Kinked Modular Tapered Stems in Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty. Guild G, Runner R, Faizan A. Manuscript Complete Submitted to the Journal of Arthroplasty
• Prospective Randomized Multicenter Trial Comparing a Bipolar Sealer and Hybrid Plasma Scalpel in Reducing Transfusion Requirements in Tourniquetless Total Knee Artrhoplasty. Guild, G, Mont M. Research in Progress Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic
• Articulating Spacer Technique in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty for Sepsis. A Systematic Review of the Literature. Guild G, Spivey C, Scuderi GR. Manuscript Complete Submitted to the Journal of Arthroplasty
• Hybrid Plasma Scalpel vs. Bipolar Sealer in Reducing Transfusion Requirements in Anterior Supine Total Hip Arthroplasty. Smith M, Guild G. Research in Progress Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic